Avalere Health’s Associate Immersion Program is a rigorous, highly selective, one-year program in which participants will engage in project work that spans a variety of Avalere’s practice areas. During the year-long program, participants will gain a wealth of hands-on healthcare consulting experience while honing their research, writing, and project management skills. Associates will regularly participate in content and Avalere-specific trainings, while receiving personalized mentorship and career guidance. After successful completion of the Program, participants will have the opportunity to mutually select an internal practice area in which to specialize and grow.
Associates will be expected to assume significant levels of responsibility handling client projects. Examples of responsibilities include:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on a diverse array of healthcare issues (i.e., key informant interviews, white and grey literature searches, etc.).
- Contribute to written summaries, white papers, and PowerPoint presentations to provide strategic recommendations to clients.
- Begin to develop content expertise on a range of key healthcare issues.
- Attend and draft summaries on government healthcare meetings.
- Work in cross-functional teams to contribute to the development and delivery of projects.
- Juggle project work with multiple managers, across various teams.
- Provide basic project management support, including the preparation of meeting materials and background information.
- Participate in Avalere’s extensive training program throughout the duration of the Immersion Program.
Avalere prizes intellectual curiosity, creativity, and flexibility. Candidates who demonstrate a high degree of ownership of his or her work and possess excellent collaboration and communication skills are preferred. This is a wonderful opportunity for recent graduates who are beginning their careers in healthcare consulting. Associates will find a positive, supportive, dynamic work environment. Avalere provides continual opportunities to grow one’s technical and content-specific skills.
The recruiting cycle begins with accepting applications in November, phone interviews in December and January, and onsite interviews in late-January and early-February. For consideration for our 2017 Program, please click on the Current Openings button and submit your application by January 15, 2017. Should you be selected for an initial interview, you will be contacted via email.