Avalere Health is seeking an experienced Big Data and SAS Administrator. As part of the firm’s IT group, the primary function of this position is to perform administration and support the data related tools that various stakeholders within the company work with including SAS, Hadoop, Redshift The administrator will work heavily with Avalere’s Data Analytics Practice. The position will report to the Director of Engineering and Information Technology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall availability of the SAS tools and software environments
- Performs SAS software administration; including software configuration, updates, patches, and hot-fixes and license renewals as needed on Linux / Redhat (RHEL) platforms
- Manage metadata identities, users, groups, and roles
- Uses SAS Management Console to define connections to data sources, define libraries, and create metadata objects and folder structureExperience using Scala, Python, R and Tableau
- The ability to work with business groups to understand requirements, workflows and system trade-offs.
- System design and modeling skills (e.g., domain driven design, data modeling, API design)
- Event-based/reactive architectures and message passing (e.g. message based patterns for orchestration and integration)
- Creates policies and procedures and updates documentation to meet compliance requirements
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
Top consideration given to candidates with the following:
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience
- Experience with Amazon Infrastructure Experience (AWS); including administration and deployment of data platforms in AWS
- Experience administering one or more applications that are part of the SAS Customer Intelligence platform
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of SAS in complex environments such as High Availability (multiple machine, multi-tiered environment), SAS Grid computing, SPD Server (SPDS), Hadoop, and In-memory processing
- Base SAS and Advanced SAS Certification
- Experience with IT automation and DevOps approaches using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience working with the enterprise service management ITIL processes (Service, Incidents, Changes, Configuration items)
- 3+ years of experience with a strong understanding of Big Data technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem – Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Kafka, Pig, RedShift, Spark, etc.
- In-depth understanding of managing security and permissions
- Experience creating and implementing complex Data Architectures
- Solid understanding of data quality, data management, data visualization, and predictive analytics concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to formulate and communicate ideas, technical concepts, and best practices to varied audiences including colleagues, users, and management
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with quick learning ability
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Experience working with HIPAA or health data
- Experience with other SAS tools such as Enterprise Guide, Data Miner, and database connections using Hadoop, Greenplum, and Redshift
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
Candidates should be prepared for an interview exercise that aligns with the requirements of the position as a part of the in person interview process.