Avalere Health is currently looking for a Director or Vice President to join our growing Evidence Translation and Implementation practice. The team of experts helps our customers create and use evidence to drive business, clinical, regulatory, and reimbursement decisions. This position will focus specifically on issues related to the use of clinical data for healthcare quality measurement, reporting, evaluation, and improvement. The role will center on designing, implementing, and evaluating data-driven solutions that support policies and programs that improve healthcare in a manner that integrates science with the expertise required to meet patient needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a principal subject matter expert within the team and across the firm on healthcare quality improvement programs
- Leads engagements focused on the development, implementation, and the evaluation of quality measures (including electronic clinical quality measures) and other tools using data derived from clinicians and patients.
- Collaborate with clients to develop and implement tactical plans focused on healthcare quality including opportunities for evidence generation, stakeholder engagement, advocacy, and education.
- Leads multi-disciplinary teams on complex scientific and project delivery/logistic problems. Provides senior guidance to project team to a broad range of client projects involving diverse, cross-functional, cross-practice teams.
- Takes scientific responsibility for project completion; responsible for strategic consultation and for the use of best methods to address research needs.
- Responsible for or manages other project staff in project delivery, particularly client communication, client management and dissemination.
- Responsible for all final deliverables for projects on which s/he is executive sponsor in terms of accuracy and quality and financial project performance.
- Solves complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with minimal management oversight.
- Generates business with new clients and growing business with existing clients.
- Manages a portfolio of clients to ensure that all of Avalere’s knowledge and expertise are available to meet client needs.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements:
- A graduate degree in epidemiology, public health, public administration, health economics, or a relevant discipline, or have equivalent relevant work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience within the overall healthcare industry is required, with prior experience working in the a healthcare quality-focused organization (NQF, NCQA, QIO), a provider association/society, academia, consulting firm, or the healthcare industry at large.
- Deep expertise in research methods including conduct of literature reviews, development of qualitative research tools (such as survey instruments, interview guides) and interview facilitation
- Experience analyzing clinical literature and conveying findings into various methods for colleagues and clients.
- Experience overseeing and supervising work of staff members.
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives within and outside of the firm.
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Significant experience analyzing policy proposals, legislation, and/or federal regulation and conveying findings to clients and the public.
- Proven situational leadership skills and the ability to motivate and generate enthusiasm with individuals across all levels of the organization. Prior project management experience required. Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives within and outside of the firm.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytic skills with the ability to apply knowledge outside of one’s immediate functional area.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
Candidates should be prepared for an interview exercise that aligns with the requirements of the position as a part of the in-person interview process.