Avalere’s FDA Fellowship Program is small and highly selective. As an FDA Fellow, participants will spend six months immersed in health and life science regulatory policy and strategy issues. The work will help to support the efforts of Avalere clients that include some aspect of FDA related issues. The Fellowship position is a full-time, paid role where Fellows will collaborate within our existing FDA team to increase Avalere’s presence and visibility as experts and thought leaders in the FDA space.
Topics of current interest and importance include, but are not limited to, impact of post-market surveillance on market access and reimbursement for new technologies; implementation of a pathway for biosimilars and the associated life cycle management questions for originator biologics; FDA-CMS parallel review especially for medical devices; and comparative-effectiveness research. While current expertise in a pertinent topic is a plus, none is essential. However an inquisitive mind, intellectual creativity, and flexibility are required.
This is a great opportunity for life sciences professionals transitioning towards industry, the public sector or consulting to gain valuable knowledge of regulatory issues facing healthcare companies, developing their ability to frame issues and guide clients in their strategic policy responses. The fellowship will also include advice on networking and career transitioning and is expressly designed to provide current experience at a top tier firm that can help fellows make informed career choices from the vantage point of relevant and recognized current healthcare policy experience.
The appropriate candidate should have:
- A doctoral level degree (PhD, ScD, MD, DVM, etc.) in one of the following disciplines:
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Biological, Chemical, Physical, or Earth Sciences
- Computational or Statistical Sciences and Mathematics
- The following degrees with a strong background in science and technology will also be considered:
- Juris Doctorate
- Master in Public Health or Public Policy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous consulting experience (preferred, but not necessary)
To learn more about our FDA Fellowship Program, please see the job descriptions here.