Avalere’s Fellowship Program invites applications from advanced degreed professionals who have strong backgrounds in science and technology, and are looking to transition their scientific background into the science/health policy and business environments.
As a HEOR Fellow, you will work on various projects to gain experience in how life sciences companies use health economics and outcomes research data to support the development and commercialization of their products. You will conceptualize, execute, and deliver qualitative, analytical, and strategy-based work products for diverse life science clients across multiple therapeutic areas. This may include:
- Supporting launch strategies for new medicines and/or new indications or label extensions
- Conducting, in collaboration with team members, systematic literature searches, literature reviews, meta-analyses, and like assemblages of secondary research
- Constructing prospective budget impact models, cost-effectiveness models, and cost utility studies using data from these and other sources
- Performing other relevant studies to support client goals, such as burden of illness, market/ population sizing, treatment adherence/persistence, epidemiologic, quality of care, and other demonstration of unmet need.
- Using public and private sector databases to execute research to support client product market access or goal achievement using claims, literature, registries, survey, client-supplied, and other data.
- Participating in medical content development and review and communication of scientific information for internal and field based colleagues
- Reviewing draft response letters and Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) dossiers to ensure responses to medical inquiries are scientifically balanced
- Assisting in the preparation of advocacy and regulatory documents
- Supporting and developing relevant sections of study concept documents, study protocols, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports, and other development documents.
- Assisting in drafting and coordinating publication plans for dissemination of Avalere and client information.
Avalere’s Fellowship Program is small and highly selective. This position is a full-time, paid fellowship ($25/hour), and the Fellow will work with colleagues in our existing HEOR team to increase Avalere’s presence and visibility as experts and thought leaders. The practice consists of staff with specialized experience as health service researchers, health economists, clinicians, and healthcare strategists.
Skills, Experience, and Other Fellowship Related Requirements:
- A doctoral level degree (PhD, ScD, MD, DVM, etc.) in one of the following disciplines: Social and Behavioral Sciences; Medical and Health Sciences; Biological, Chemical, Physical, or Earth Sciences; Computational or Statistical Sciences and Mathematics
- The following degrees with a strong background in science and technology will also be considered: Juris Doctorate; Master in Public Health or Public Policy; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Previous consulting experience (preferred, but not necessary); Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and mental flexibility; Current expertise in a pertinent topic is a plus, but not essential
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter