Avalere Health is seeking an Intern to support its Policy practice. The practice focuses on a range of issues including Affordable Care Act repeal and replace; drug pricing; Medicare Advantage and Part D policy and payment; and Medicare and Medicaid entitlement reform. The Intern will work full-time in Avalere’s
Washington, DC office for approximately 40 hours per week. The internship is a paid position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and summarizing federal and state legislative and regulatory activities around the Affordable Care Act repeal and replace process, drug pricing, transparency requirements, and other relevant topics
- Analyze key details of insurance exchange products, including benefit design, networks, and prescription drug formularies
- Assisting with other federal and state policy research on an as-needed basis
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate student in public policy, public health, business, or law. Undergraduates who have completed their junior year will also be considered if they have taken health policy coursework or have completed a prior internship in a legislative or healthcare-related field.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A strong work ethic, initiative, desire to learn, and intellectual curiosity about the healthcare system
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and explain complex issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong computer aptitude, with experience using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter