Avalere Health is seeking a Health Policy Content Writer to join Avalere’s 360 research team. The 360 Research Series leverages Avalere’s deep substantive expertise to deliver research offerings that help the healthcare industry solve the most critical problems they face. Our clients include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, health plan companies, and provider organizations. The 360 Research Series is part of Avalere’s Business Intelligence product line and is comprised of Policy 360 and State Reform 360.
The primary role of this position is to support our Policy 360 product, which focuses on federal health policy developments and their implications for life sciences companies. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of health policy and the life sciences industry with a background in journalism.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, write, and edit content for Policy 360, primarily focusing on short, insightful, fast-turnaround summaries that are published and sent to nearly 2,000 readers at the end of each business day.
- Produce long-form summaries of major legislation, regulations, and policy events, as needed.
- Organize a health policy events calendar and produce daily summaries based on Policy 360’s long term research agenda.
- Track and monitor federal health policy developments, including attending relevant meetings and hearings and writing a summary for Policy 360 readership of nearly 2,000 healthcare stakeholders.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the firm to translate information about new developments and emerging trends in the federal health policy environment into actionable insights for our customers.
- Oversee and maintain the Policy 360 web portal, which houses all content produced under Policy 360.
- Continue to improve product content and delivery based on feedback from membership and internal stakeholders.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in health policy, public policy, public health, journalism, or a relevant discipline
- 4-8 years of relevant experience, including working in both journalism and health policy or healthcare, or working in industry or on Capitol Hill, with an understanding of the policy issues impacting the healthcare sector
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) including prior experience writing articles, newsletters, white papers, and blog posts
- Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Sound analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience overseeing and supervising the work of staff members.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on partnering and sharing work with colleagues.
- Intellectually curious, eager, and excited to work in a growing business and team
- Ability to locate and procure information from disparate sources
- Ability to work across multiple groups
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (a paper or article of your choice)
Candidates may be required to complete an interview exercise or assessment as part of the final-round interview process for this role.