Avalere Health is seeking a Manager or Senior Manager to join the growing Account Relationship Management (ARM) function within our Client Solutions practice. The team helps our customers create and use evidence to drive business, clinical, regulatory, and reimbursement decisions. This position will be responsible for management, business development, and administrative tasks related to the ongoing operation and growth of a client account. The Manager will regularly work with the senior leadership team within the account, their assistants, and corresponding Avalere leadership and administrative staff. He or she must be highly successful at building and maintaining these relationships. The ideal team member will have superior organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability work effectively across multiple projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative setting. This person will need to be fluent in healthcare policy and business strategy and comfortable working across many subject matter areas.
- Serves as a primary relationship business development liaison with an account. Coordinates the generation of new leads and supports execution of business development goals.
- Schedules business development and administrative team calls and meetings (both internal and external).
- Administers the team Salesforce.com/Deltek/LinkedIn accounts and coach team members on usage of practices.
- Updates information and communications in CRM database (Salesforce.com/Deltek/LinkedIn)
- Coordinates with Avalere’s account team as needed.
- Monitors and documents new account developments, staff, and organizational changes.
- Develops strong working relationships with account leads, potential customers, and their network via direct communication or communication through their executive assistants.
- Provides document preparation and distribution support, (i.e., proof read, identify, and correct documents).
- Anticipates and plans for requirements of tasks, executes tasks in a timely manner, and knows when to ask for help.
- Conducts demonstrations of Avalere products that are tailored to accounts and are in the context of past/existing work streams.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- BS/BA degree (and/or equivalent) and 4 – 8 years of professional experience working with senior-level executives.
- Advanced knowledge of the healthcare issues and the life sciences industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly professional presence, able to interact with board-level and C-level executives.
- Ethical, confident, creative, with a “can do” attitude.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients to achieve solutions oriented goals.
- Proactive mindset and approach: able to think several steps ahead to client conversions, anticipate teammates’ needs, and suggest improvements to existing processes.
- Open to feedback and learning; willing to coach and teach others.
- Experience in preparing and proofing documents for executive-level audience.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and can prioritize work streams effectively under deadline, with timely execution and resolution of action items.
- Familiar with developing and maintaining sales plans.
- Experience managing multiple initiatives/work streams simultaneously is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
Candidates should be prepared to complete a presentation exercise as part of the in-person interview process.