Avalere Health is seeking a Manager or Senior Manager to join its policy analytics team within the firm’s Policy Practice that works with all sectors of the health care policy and business marketplace (e.g., providers, health insurers, government, financial services, life sciences). Projects may include developing analytic models, synthesizing health care data, and interpreting the results. A key function of the policy analytics team is to bring Avalere’s quantitative assets and expertise to bear in helping clients understand and respond to federal and state policy developments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and participate in analyses that quantify the impact of policy and/or market changes on clients’ businesses or the federal budget.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on a diverse array of health care issues.
- Work independently and in cross-functional teams to initiate, develop, and deliver analysis to clients.
- Engage with a diverse set of clients across multiple projects.
- Simultaneously perform work on various projects with multiple cross-functional teams.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- Degree in economics, public policy, public health, public administration, business, statistics, economics, mathematics, or other related fields
- 4 to 8 years of relevant prior work experience, preferably completing healthcare policy analytics for industry, government, or think tank / advocacy organization
- Interest in and comfort with data, problem-solving, and quantitative analysis.
- Strong analytic research problem solving skills. Experience with Excel-based data manipulation and modeling; a statistical software package (e.g., SAS, Stata); and data management, programming, and coding.
- Experience with a range of research methods and familiarity with multiple types of datasets, including but not limited to claims, survey, and epidemiological data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional Skills & Competencies:
- A willingness to learn complex issues relating to the health care delivery system.
- Initiative, working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Experience in managing multiple deadlines.
- A positive, professional, and solution-oriented attitude.
- Advanced experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel and Access. SAS/Stata experience strongly preferred, with opportunities to strengthen and develop skills.
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing Sample