Avalere Health is seeking a Senior Manager or Director, with a focus on Medicare, to support our Policy practice. The practice focuses on a range of issues including: federal and state implementation of the Affordable Care Act, as well as efforts to repeal and replace the ACA; health insurance exchanges; evolving benefit designs across payers; Medicare policy specific to Medicare Advantage and Part D; Medicare reform; Medicaid and other state health policies; and federal budget and deficit reduction issues. We rely on deep subject matter expertise and understanding of the business issues facing our clients to assess how this changing policy landscape impacts managed care plans, the pharmaceutical industry, providers, and consumers. We provide analytic support and advisory services, including legislative strategy, regulatory analysis, and quantitative modeling of proposed and enacted policies, to a wide range of clients across the healthcare industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serving as a subject matter expert on Medicare to meet the needs of clients focused on public policy related to Medicare reform, Medicare Advantage, and Part D.
- Managing multiple clients, as well as short- and long-term deliverables, to ensure that all of Avalere’s knowledge and expertise are available to meet client needs.
- Conceptualizing, designing, and executing—from start to finish—a broad range of client projects involving diverse, cross-functional, cross-practice teams.
- Creating both strategic and tactical recommendations for clients depending on their policy and business needs.
- Solving complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with minimal management oversight and attention to resources.
- Hiring, training, supervising, and mentoring staff members within the practice and across the firm.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- Advanced degree in health policy, public policy, healthcare management, public health, public administration, health economics, business administration, law or a relevant discipline. A combination of bachelor’s degree and in-depth relevant work experience is also acceptable.
- 8 to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience includes employment with a think tank, consulting firm, an advocacy organization, the government, a pharma/biotech company, a health plan, in the financial services industry, or similar organization, with a focus on Medicare Advantage and/or Part D policy.
- Extensive knowledge of Medicare policy; bidding, payment, and program rules; and market trends is required.
- Ability to analyze and understand Medicare and general health policy trends from the perspective of multiple stakeholders (e.g., health plans, biopharma) and translate related implications.
- Experience overseeing and supervising work of staff members.
- Prior project management experience.
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives within and outside the firm.
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Significant and sustained project management experience that includes interacting with and presenting to senior-level executives and/or health policy leaders.
- Proven situational leadership skills and the ability to motivate and generate enthusiasm with individuals across all levels of the organization.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Experience analyzing policy proposals, legislation, and/or federal regulation and conveying findings to clients and the public.
- Previous consulting and supervisory experience
- Ability to analyze and understand health policy trends from the perspective of multiple stakeholders and translate related business implications.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Exemplary problem-solving and analytic skills with the ability to apply knowledge outside of one’s immediate functional area.
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
Candidates may be required to complete an interview exercise or assessment as part of the final-round interview process for this role.