At the same time, we expect a continuation of many existing trends — including, most importantly, the shift from volume to value in healthcare markets. This mix of new and old issues led us to focus on three themes — policy change, the pursuit for value, and access to care — for our 2017 Healthcare Industry Outlook.
Listen to the archived version of the webinar.
Within each of these three themes, we identified core issues and what they will mean for manufacturers, patients, plans, and providers. Throughout this document we have also woven in commentary from a diverse group of Avalere subject matter experts.
The topics include:
- Election Results Directly Affect Insurance Coverage
- Drug Pricing Threat Diminished but Not Forgotten
- Value-Based Payment Becoming Reality for Providers
- In Response to Gaps, Quality Measures to Proliferate Rapidly
- New Models of Care Demand Optimal Use of Post-Acute Care
- Outcomes-Based Contracting Shapes Drug Purchasing
- Value Frameworks Must Evolve to Encourage Adoption
- Employer Benefits Are Shifting Costs to Workers
- Payers Respond to Biosimilar Market Competition
- Digital Health Is Transforming Patient Engagement