Avalere’s answer: Engage patients. In this short video, Josh Seidman, Senior Vice President of the Avalere Center for Payment & Delivery Innovation, defines the key imperatives to creating a successful patient engagement strategy that will bring your organization to the forefront of the industry’s transition from fee-for-service to value-based care.
Avalere supports providers and plans seeking greater partnerships with industry stakeholders to implement patient engagement programs, such as disease education, adherence programs, and shared decision-making tools. We also partner with life sciences companies to integrate patient input early and often in the drug design and development process. We advise patient groups and foundations on how to best support the generation and dissemination of evidence surrounding patient and family engagement. Links to our past work are listed below. You can also learn more about our patient engagement services here.
- New Transparency Tools Are Aimed at Improving Patient Sensitivity to Healthcare Costs
- MACRA and the Promise of Better Patient/Family Engagement in Post-SGR World
- Patient Engagement: The Do-or-Die of Growing Alternative Payment Models
- Avalere White Paper: A Multi-Stakeholder Vision for Patient-Centeredness in New Payment and Delivery Models
- Spotlight on Patient Engagement