What: Avalere will be hosting a Sept. 18 conference on the future of market access for diagnostics and personalized medicine, which will focus on key developments spanning the entire market access continuum, ranging from evidence generation and regulatory strategy to coverage, coding and payment.
The morning component will involve three panels addressing the evolving evidentiary, regulatory and reimbursement landscapes, including a diverse array of speakers representing varying perspectives. In the afternoon, all participants are invited to join us for lunch and one-on-one advisory sessions with Avalere’s experts.
Who: Avalere’s core diagnostics subject matter experts and guest panel members:
• Kathy Hughes: 14+ years advising device, diagnostics and pharmaceutical companies regarding optimal market access strategies for their products
• Adam Borden: 10+ years in healthcare, including 5 working at a national medical specialty society focusing on coding and payment policy for devices and diagnostics
• Lakshman Ramamurthy: 15+ years post-PhD experience in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, including 5+ years working as a Senior Reviewer at FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) and 10+ years working as an R&D scientist in the biopharmaceutical industry
Confirmed Panel Members:
• Philip R. Desjardins, Counsel, Arnold & Porter (Former Deputy Director for Policy at CDRH, FDA)
• John A. Iafrate, MD, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital
• Jennifer Madsen, Senior Director, Economic and Regulatory Affairs, College of American Pathologists
• Dane J. Dickson, MD, MolDX Director of Clinical Science, Palmetto GBA
• Doug Masters, National Director of Managed Care and Large Account Development, NeoGenomics Laboratories
• Tim McCaffrey, PhD, Director of the Division of Genomic Medicine, George Washington University
• Jeff Allen, Ph.D., Executive Director, Friends of Cancer Research
• Alan Mertz, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association
• Andrew Fish, Executive Director, AdvaMedDx
• Danelle Miller, JD, Vice President, US Regulatory Policy and Intelligence, Roche Diagnostics
There will also be a lunch moderated by Avalere’s CEO and founder, Dan Mendelson. Dan will lead a conversation about the impact of the Affordable Care Act on diagnostics and personalized medicine.
Where: House of Sweden — located at 2900 K Street NW. Washington, DC 20007
When: Sept. 18 from 9:00am-4:00pm (Sessions from 10:00am-2:00pm)
To register for the event, click here