The candidate will join Avalere’s Strategic Customer Engagement team, which sits within the Commercialization & Regulatory Strategy practice. As a client offering, Strategic Customer Engagement builds and launches substantive communications and marketing campaigns to help our clients more meaningfully engage with their key audiences. We design strategic and tactical plans to maximize adoption and uptake by payers, providers, and patients throughout the product life-cycle by integrating policy and healthcare market dynamics into the business planning cycle. We work on a team basis with complementary scientific, technical, regulatory, and commercialization expertise in the pre-approval and post-market spaces.
The work of the Strategic Customer Engagement team includes providing strategic counsel to D- and C-suite client staff; guiding and vetting value message development; training customer-facing client teams; developing traditional, digital, and social media solutions; etc. Example programs have focused on competitive strategy development, field team reorganization, thought-leadership positioning, stakeholder/customer engagement, internal and external training and education, and public affairs and advocacy.
Ability to analyze market research, identify trends, and develop specific valuable resources to drive conversations and create constructive dialogues with customers.
- Co-lead business development efforts in the managed markets space with other Avalere subject-matter experts and account managers
- Lead creation of cross-portfolio and above-brand communications campaigns on behalf of Avalere’s life sciences clients to engage payers, provider groups, health systems, pharmacy benefit managers, specialty pharmacies, and other risk-bearing entities
- Navigate complex healthcare content, and translate clinical and/or policy content into coherent, compelling narrative for client-facing materials
- Assist in the development and review of scopes of work, budgets, timelines, and other business documents
- Contribute to market research (e.g., survey development, interview facilitation), as needed
- Develop and maintain a professional level of knowledge regarding Avalere’s and Inovalon’s services and products
- Work with subject matter experts (SMEs), technical staff, vendors/partners, client teams, and others to ensure the operational and financial success of projects and programs under management
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university required; master’s degree preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to initiate and drive projects through to completion
- Confidence and ability to influence team members and business partners toward common goals
- Superior oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables
- Responsive, action-oriented demeanor
- Ability to build trust and cultivate relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Problem definition and resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project teams in parallel
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- A positive, professional, and solution-oriented attitude
- 10+ years’ experience in managed markets, market access, or similar within a life sciences company (preferred) or healthcare marketing agency