The HEAA practice works with life sciences companies and other healthcare sectors to quantify and communicate the real-world value of healthcare interventions and to align our clients’ business strategies with the evidentiary demands of an increasingly value-driven marketplace. We are driven by deep subject-matter expertise, differentiated and proprietary real-world data assets, and an emphasis on sound business strategy coupled with rigorous research and advanced analytic capabilities.
- Support health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) work streams with life sciences clients as well as other sectors. Project types may include retrospective claims database analysis, economic modeling, literature reviews, survey-driven studies, evidence gap assessments, and development of HEOR value strategies, product value propositions, value frameworks, and real-world evidence generation strategies.
- Develop study protocols or statistical analysis plans, interpretation of results, and development of summary findings and strategies (i.e., client deliverables).
- Manage multiple mid- to large-sized projects and teams to ensure that the breadth of Avalere’s knowledge and expertise is available to meet client needs.
- Conceptualize the scope of projects for clients, assemble a cross-functional team, and oversee the team from project initiation through client delivery.
- Demonstrate advanced subject-matter expertise to solve complex client problems, with an emphasis on translating qualitative and quantitative research findings into clients’ value-oriented business strategies.
- Engage clients with novel solutions and ideas and deepen client relationships.
- Contribute to project profitability.
- Create both strategic and tactical recommendations for clients.
- Make meaningful business development and sales contributions.
- Write SOWs.
- Solve complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with minimal management oversight.
- Mentor, supervise, and train staff members within the HEAA Practice and across the firm.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in health economics/HEOR, health policy, public policy, healthcare management, public health, public administration, business administration, law, or a relevant discipline
- Advanced consulting acumen
- Advanced project management acumen
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives and both technical and non-technical audiences within and outside of the firm
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Understanding of pharmaceutical product and medical device development cycle, including the role of HEOR, is preferred but not required
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in a healthcare consulting, advisory services, or within a life sciences company is strongly preferred