The Health Economics & Advanced Analytics (HEAA) practice works with life sciences companies and other healthcare sectors to quantify and communicate the real-world value of healthcare interventions and to align our clients’ business strategies with the evidentiary demands of an increasingly value-driven marketplace. We are driven by deep subject matter expertise, differentiated and proprietary real-world data assets, and an emphasis on sound business strategy coupled with rigorous research and advanced analytic capabilities.
- Primary responsibility is to support health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) work streams with life sciences clients. This will include development of HEOR value strategies, product value propositions, evidence gap assessments, value frameworks, and real world evidence (RWE) generation strategies.
- Manages multiple mid-sized projects and teams to ensure that the breadth of Avalere’s knowledge and expertise is available to meet client needs
- Conceptualizes the scope of projects for clients, assembles a cross-functional team, and oversees the team from project initiation through to client delivery
- Utilizes subject matter expertise and/or creative thinking to solve complex client problems, with an emphasis on translating qualitative and quantitative research findings into clients’ value-oriented business strategies
- Engage clients with novel solutions and ideas; deepens client relationships
- Creates both strategic and tactical recommendations for clients
- Contributes to business development and sales efforts
- Writes scopes and SOWs
- Solve complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with some management oversight
- Mentors, supervises, and trains staff members within the HEAA Practice and across the firm
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in health economics, health policy, public policy, healthcare management, public health, public administration, business administration, law, or a relevant discipline with 3+ years of relevant experience; consulting experience preferred
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives and both technical and non-technical audiences within and outside of the firm
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Understanding of pharmaceutical product and medical device development cycle, including the role of HEOR, is preferred but not required
- Strong consulting acumen
- Strong project management acumen
- Baseline experience in health economics, economic evaluation of healthcare programs, epidemiology, and/or biostatistics welcomed but not required
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- 3+ years of relevant experience; consulting experience preferred
- Prior experience in a healthcare consulting, advisory services, or life sciences company is strongly preferred.