This group focuses on a range of issues including:
- Alternative Payment Models (e.g. Medicare Oncology Care Model, Accountable Care Organizations, bundled payments)
- Medicare & Medicaid reform policies and regulations
- Drug pricing
- Health sector economic analysis and trends
- Federal Budget and deficit reduction issues
Avalere’s Policy Analytics and Modeling group provides analytic support and advisory services to a wide range of clients across the healthcare industry. Staff combine an in-depth understanding of quantitative methods with deep subject-matter expertise regarding healthcare policy and business issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting quantitative research on a diverse array of healthcare issues
- Constructing and improving models to predict and understand policy implications
- Working with claims data and pharmacy event data to understand cost and utilization trends
- Working independently and on collaborative teams with other analysts and experts, sometimes as the lead quantitative analyst on the project
- Interpreting others’ analyses to assess, critique, or build on their findings
- Understanding analyses and insights of other entities (e.g. CBO, OMB, CMS, MEDPAC, MACPAC)
- Presenting quantitative results to both technical and non-technical audiences
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in public policy, public health, economics, or related field
- Three to five years of prior, relevant full-time work experience
- Experience with healthcare-related quantitative analysis, including: micro-simulation models, forecasting models, or claims-based analysis
- Familiarity with key data sources for healthcare analysis, including: Medicare Claims, Medicare Part D data, private-payer claims data, Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) data, or Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey (MCBS) data.
- A strong interest in and knowledge of healthcare policy
- Demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g. SAS, Stata, SPSS, R, SQL)
Additional Skills and Competencies:
- Experience using SQL or similar programming languages to manipulate large data sets
- The ability to interpret regulation and legislation to model impacts of changes on stakeholders
- A willingness to learn complex issues relating to the health care delivery system.
- Initiative, working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Experience in managing multiple deadlines.
- A positive, professional, and solution-oriented attitude.
- Advanced experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel and Access. SAS/Stata experience strongly preferred, with opportunities to strengthen and develop skills.
How to Apply:
Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing Sample