Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business, and policy. Avalere’s experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers.
The team focuses on channel strategy, distributors, 3PL providers, and specialty pharmacies. We assess how our clients’ products should flow through the supply chain from 3PL selection through channel partner selection in order to optimize market access for their products though deep subject matter expertise and understanding of their business issues.
We design strategic and tactical plans to optimize partner relationships and product flow through the supply chain by integrating policy and healthcare market dynamics into the business planning cycle. We work on a team basis with complementary scientific, technical, and regulatory expertise through the product lifecycle.
- Be a recognized pharmaceutical supply chain subject matter expert and thought leader responsible for maintaining and growing Avalere’s reputation
- Develop and lead key client relationships
- Contribute to practice goal achievement around sales, revenue, and project management
- Manage a portfolio of clients to ensure that all of Avalere’s knowledge and expertise is available to meet the client needs.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and customer retention through consistent and productive customer engagement
- Participate in client solution’s sales presentations to further enhance business growth opportunities
- Stay abreast of and learn about all new technical applications, products, programs, and services available to customers
- Lead projects and teams to solve complex client problems and engage clients with novel solutions
- Create both strategic and tactical recommendations for clients to ensure optimal market access for client products.
- Conceptualize the scope of projects for clients, assemble a cross-functional team, and oversee the team from project initiation through to client delivery.
- Solve complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with minimal management oversight and attention to resources.
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures, and mission statement
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s operating policies and procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position
- Fulfill those responsibilities and duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the employer
We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare management, public health, health economics, business administration, or a relevant discipline
- Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Solid writing skills as a foundation for professional business communication
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Sedentary work (i.e., sitting for long periods of time)
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and negligible amount of force
- Frequently or constantly lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects and repetitive motions
- Inside environmental conditions
- Travel for this position will include less than 40% locally, usually for training purposes
- At least 4 years of relevant experience. Examples of relevant work experience include consulting firms, diagnostics and pharmaceutical manufacturers, and the healthcare industry at large.