Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers.
Our practice provides strategic guidance and analytic support for providers across the care continuum, from physician groups to hospitals and health systems as well as post-acute care providers. In addition to supporting our clients in the transition from volume to value, we provide clients with critical data and insights related to their performance on cost and quality measures to inform their long-range strategy as well as their partnerships with payers and other providers.
We rely on deep subject matter expertise and understanding of the business issues facing our clients to assess how this changing policy landscape impacts all healthcare stakeholders. We provide analytic support and advisory services, including policy research, tracking and synthesis of private sector trends, legislative strategy, regulatory analysis, and quantitative modeling of proposed and enacted policies to a wide range of clients across the healthcare industry.
- In partnership with senior practice leadership, provide project management support for cross-functional teams in the development and delivery of projects to clients
- Take the lead in conducting qualitative and quantitative research on a diverse array of healthcare issues (e.g., key informant interviews, white and grey literature searches), with a focus on providing more junior team members with guidance and support
- Draft written summaries, white papers, and PowerPoint presentations to provide strategic recommendations to clients
- Draft scopes of work and use subject matter expertise to collaborate and bridge work across practices
- Provide subject matter expertise in sales and business development pursuits
- Use content expertise, solid proofreading, and layout skills to build client deliverables
- Act with limited oversight to apply knowledge of research tools and analytical approaches to develop content
- Assist in stewarding of project-based accounts
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in public policy, public health, public administration, business, statistics, economics, mathematics, or other related field; applicants without a graduate degree should possess the equivalent in terms of directly related work experience
- Strong familiarity with the policy issues and reimbursement models for acute and post-acute care providers
- Familiarity with the data sets and analytic approaches that are used to solve providers’ business problems; experience with claims data-based analyses is strongly preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated understanding of the consulting environment
- Demonstrated presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven team player; strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Customer service oriented and solution-focused attitude
- High degree of professional maturity and sound decision making ability
- High level of initiative coupled with quick learning ability
- Advanced research skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- At least 6 years of relevant full-time work experience; relevant experience includes working in: a health system (preferably in a strategy/business development or finance role); a consulting firm focused on hospitals and health systems or post-acute care providers; a national association serving health care providers
- Experience leading a small research team comprising junior staff members
How to Apply
Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
Candidates may be required to complete an interview exercise or assessment as part of the final-round interview process for this role.