Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking a Consultant II to support our Health Plans & Providers (HPP) practice. HPP provides strategic guidance and analytic support for health plans and providers across the care continuum, from physician groups to hospitals and health systems as well as post-acute care providers. In addition to supporting our clients on a broad array of business, policy, and regulatory issues related to Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, Exchange markets, we provide clients with critical data and insights related to their performance on cost and quality measures to inform their long-range strategy as well as their partnerships with payers and providers.
We rely on deep subject-matter expertise and understanding of the business issues facing our clients to assess how this changing policy landscape impacts all healthcare stakeholders. We provide analytic support and advisory services, including policy research, tracking and synthesis of private sector trends, legislative strategy, regulatory analysis, and quantitative modeling of proposed and enacted policies to a wide range of clients across the healthcare industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages cross-functional teams in the development and delivery of projects to clients
- Achieves specific revenue and sales targets on behalf of the team
- Leads qualitative and quantitative research on a diverse array of healthcare issues (e.g., key informant interviews, white and grey literature searches, etc.), with a focus on providing more junior team members with guidance and support
- Leads the development of client deliverables including written summaries, white papers, and PowerPoint presentations to provide strategic recommendations to clients
- Uses subject matter expertise to collaborate and bridge work across practices
- Provides subject matter expertise in sales and business development pursuits
- Act with limited oversight to apply knowledge of research tools and analytical approaches to develop content
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in public policy, public health, public administration, business, statistics, economics, mathematics, or other related field (Applicants without a graduate degree should possess the equivalent in terms of directly related work experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant full-time work experience; relevant experience includes working in: a health system (preferably in a strategy/business development or finance role); a consulting firm focused on health insurers, hospitals and health systems, and/or post-acute care providers; national associations serving health insurance companies and health care providers
- Strong familiarity with the policy issues related to health insurance and provider reimbursement
- Familiarity with the data sets and analytic approaches that are used to solve business problems for health plans and providers; experience with claims data-based analyses is strongly preferred
- Advanced research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven team player; strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Customer-service oriented and solution-focused attitude
- High degree of professional maturity and sound decision-making ability
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- High level of initiative coupled with quick learning ability
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Additional Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience in the consulting environment
- Demonstrated presentation and public speaking skills
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
Candidates may be required to complete an interview exercise or assessment as part of the final-round interview process for this role.