The HEAA practice works with life sciences companies and other healthcare sectors to quantify and communicate the real-world value of healthcare interventions and to align our clients’ business strategies with the evidentiary demands of an increasingly value-driven marketplace. We are driven by deep subject matter expertise, differentiated and proprietary real-world data assets, and an emphasis on sound business strategy coupled with rigorous research and advanced analytic capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) projects that utilize retrospective claims database analysis methods. Required activities include leading cross-functional project teams to develop and execute study protocols and statistical analysis plans, analyze healthcare claims data, interpret results, summarize findings, and advise on strategy.
- Serve as a principal HEOR subject matter expert within the team and across the firm.
- Support generation of business with new clients and grows business with existing clients.
- Use superior consulting acumen to identify client gaps and opportunities.
- Be responsible for driving team goal achievement around sales, revenue, and project management.
- Collaborate with clients to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans.
- Take responsibility for project completion and be responsible for strategic consultation and for the use of best methods to address research needs.
- Be responsible for or manage other project staff in project delivery, particularly client communication, client management, and dissemination.
- Be responsible for all final deliverables for projects on which they are a senior expert in terms of accuracy and quality and financial project performance.
- Solve complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assist in HEAA practice management.
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement.
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined in Inovalon’s operating policies and procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position.
- Fulfill those responsibilities and duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the employer.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in HEOR, pharmacoeconomics, health policy, public policy, healthcare management, public health, public administration, health economics, business administration, law, or a relevant discipline
- Deep expertise in HEOR methods, especially retrospective claims analysis and observational research
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives within and outside of the firm
- Proven situational leadership skills and the ability to motivate and generate enthusiasm with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytic skills with the ability to apply knowledge outside of one’s immediate functional area
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience using statistical software such as SAS, Stata, or R to analyze healthcare claims data is preferred
- 7 years of relevant work experience within the healthcare industry
- 3–5 years’ experience successfully leading teams to sales and revenue goal attainment
- Experience in project management and leadership, including taking responsibility for budgets, adherence to timelines and client engagement
- Experience analyzing research and conveying findings into vehicles for internal and external distribution
- Consulting experience strongly preferred