Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers.
Avalere’s Sales Operations team supports business development efforts by managing the process of preparing statements of work (SOWs) from start to finish. The Contract Specialist will coordinate efforts of key stakeholders, including consultants, account teams, Finance, Accounting, and Legal, to produce SOWs that are ready for client execution. The Contract Specialist will support SOW completion by maintaining and completing standard SOW sections and by conducting quality reviews on all documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the process to draft SOWs for prospective clients in collaboration with account teams and practices
- Prepare first drafts of all client contracts in accordance with business requirements, inclusive of client-specific business requirements
- Communicate SOW draft status to team and leaders
- Manage process for internal reviews of SOW documents
- Ensure that all sections of SOW are included, are up to date, and follow best practices
- Give guidance to SOW teams on best practices for contract structure
- Conduct formatting and quality control for SOW drafts; ensure that documents adhere to internal best practices and brand standards
- Create and maintain repository of SOWs; create and maintain templates as appropriate
- Work closely with Account, Finance, and Legal teams to maintain knowledge of best practices for SOW preparation and ensure that SOWs adhere to best practices
- Develop familiarity with the suite of Avalere and Inovalon’s services and products
- Other duties as assigned
All candidates are to comply with all security policies and procedures.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with evaluating and proposing business terms to use in contracts
- Knowledge of task development in contract documents
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal guidance and proactively seek guidance on very complex tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Strong understanding of documentation control, diligence, and review processes
- Strong document production skills
- Knowledge of healthcare issues
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Excellent organization and time management skills; ability to meet tight deadlines; flexibility to handle a variety of tasks and shift priorities simultaneously
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Sedentary work (i.e., sitting for long periods of time)
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or negligible amount of force
- Frequently or constantly lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects
- Repetitive motions
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Travel for this position will include less than 5% locally, usually for training purposes.
- 3–5 years of relevant professional experience in proposal creation or contract management, consulting, or life sciences SOWs, or desktop publishing.
- Experience with handling a high volume of contracts
- Experience working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration