As a team member, the Director will have regular contact with the Avalere Senior Leadership Team and the Health Plans and Providers Practice. They must be highly successful at cultivating and maintaining relationships and serve as a trusted consultant. The ideal team member will have superior organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively across multiple projects/people in a fast-paced and highly collaborative setting. A deep understanding of healthcare market issues and a commitment to advancing the Avalere vision and voice in this marketplace is critical. Additionally, the ability to translate the complex and often detailed concepts into understandable and commercially-relevant points for clients is essential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a target business plan for the health plan market that includes a BD strategy (advisory services, applied analytics and syndicated services); market intelligence gathering; and internal coordination targeting and prioritizing clients that will be likely to buy Avalere services.
- Coordinates with Practices to execute on BD opportunities.
- Organizes pursuit teams.
- Leads the development of BD collateral (pitch decks, etc.).
- Participates and lead aspects of the proposal development process including pricing strategies.
- Collaborates with Avalere’s subject matter experts to identify and understand new opportunities.
- Proactively anticipates customer needs based on market activity and guiding firm investment in new areas.
- Conducts market intelligence to understand key competitors.
- Meets quarterly and annual sales and revenue targets.
- Establishes and maintains contact with top decision-makers at key clients that facilitates buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Synthesizes subject matter expertise from across the firm to deliver clients unique and targeted insight that compel the client to change perspective or manage business in a new way.
- Contributes to firm visibility, thought leadership and marketing campaigns.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (and/or equivalent years of experience) and a minimum of eight to ten years of professional experience working with senior-level executives.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working or consulting for health plans.
- Experience creating and executing on a sales plan.
- A proven track record of achieving a significant sales and revenue target.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly professional presence; able to interact with board-level and C-level executives.
- Ethical, confident, creative, with a persistent “can do” attitude.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationship with colleagues and clients to achieve solutions-oriented goals.
- Proactive mindset and approach: able to think several steps ahead to client conversions, anticipate teammates’ needs, and suggest improvements to existing processes.
- Open to feedback and learning; willing to coach and teach others.
- Experience in preparing and proofing documents for executive-level audience.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and can prioritize work streams effectively under deadlines, with timely execution and resolution of action items.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Willingness to travel.
How to Apply:
Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
Candidates should be prepared for an interview exercise that aligns with the requirements of the position as a part of the in-person interview process.