Avalere Health is a vibrant community of innovative thinkers dedicated to solving the challenges of the healthcare industry. We dig deep into the healthcare system and work closely with clients to develop practical solutions. At Avalere Health, we prize curiosity, resilience, a positive attitude, and an enthusiasm to embrace new challenges. Join us and get ready to make your mark on healthcare!
The Evidence & Strategy Practice supports life science companies, payers, providers, and patient advocates to improve quality of care and health outcomes. We do this by evaluating real-world data, keeping a pulse on industry trends and best practices, and conducting quantitative and qualitative research. We help our clients anticipate and adapt to changing healthcare and marketplace environments to remain competitive, mitigate new and emerging risk, break into new potential areas of interest, convene multi-stakeholder coalitions, and develop patient-centered clinical tools and frameworks.
Our internship program is a 10-week program commencing in June 2023 that will provide students the opportunity for professional development by building relationships, gaining corporate experience, learning about our industry, and preparing students with the experience needed to have a rewarding career with a purposefully built commercialization partner for the biopharmaceutical, medical technology, and wellness industries.
For the duration of the program, you will be given the knowledge, support, and training required to supercharge your career in your chosen area of specialism. Alongside having full access to our Career Experience Team, suite of internal career experience platforms, and D&I employee network groups, you will be mentored by an expert in your chosen field.
What you’ll do:
- Work independently and in cross-practice teams to contribute to the development and delivery of projects to clients
- Support project teams with research requests
- Maintain meeting notes for internal/client meetings
- Draft written summaries, white papers, and PowerPoint presentations to provide strategic recommendations to clients
- Translate and communicate the implications of policy changes on clients’ businesses and strategic priorities
- Use content expertise, solid proofreading, and layout skills to build client deliverables
- Develop a practicum based on a topic area of interest/practice need that includes a research component, development of a deliverable (e.g., memo, presentation), and a final presentation to the Policy and E&S Practice respectively
Evidence & Strategy Practice Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Support project teams with activities such as conducting research, analyzing data, writing memos, and developing slides across a variety of topics
- Attend internal trainings to expand knowledge and grow personal subject matter expertise
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Coursework toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree related to evidence and strategy
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Must be goal-oriented and focused
- Demonstrates a growth mindset, seeks feedback often, and is effective in continuous personal and professional development
- Shows punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude when completing assignments
- Should possess intellectual curiosity of health policy issues along with good judgment and decision-making skills
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Basic experience working with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word