The fellowship program is small and highly selective. As an FDA fellow, participants will spend 6 months immersed in health and life sciences regulatory policy and strategy issues to help support the efforts of Avalere’s clients that include FDA-related issues.
This position is a full-time, paid fellowship, and Fellows will collaborate within our existing FDA team to increase Avalere’s presence and visibility as experts and thought leaders in the FDA space. Fellows may also be given the opportunity to help integrate this FDA regulatory policy effort within Avalere’s health policy and commercialization spaces, as well as contribute to health economics and outcomes work.
Topics of Expertise
We prize intellectual curiosity, creativity, and mental flexibility. While current expertise in a pertinent topic is a plus, none is essential. Topics of current interest and importance include:
- Opportunities for improved regulatory efficiency during development and review
- Designing evidence generation strategies and molding regulatory oversight of new technologies
- Analyzing and assessing impact of dynamic drug development legislation and regulation
- Evolving regulation of devices and diagnostics
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for life sciences professionals to gain valuable knowledge of regulatory issues facing healthcare companies and associated considerations during research and development. Through the fellowship, participants will develop the ability to frame issues and guide clients with their strategic policy responses. Career guidance and mentorship are built into the Fellowship, in addition to guidance on networking and career transitioning. The fellowship is designed to provide relevant and recognized healthcare policy experience at a top tier firm.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- A doctoral level degree (e.g., PhD, ScD, MD, DVM) in one of the following disciplines: medical and health sciences; biological, chemical, physical, or earth sciences; social and behavioral sciences; computational or statistical sciences and mathematics.
- The following degrees with a strong background in science and technology will also be considered: JD; MA in public health or public policy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Broad interests in health care and a natural curiosity
- Previous consulting experience preferred but not necessary