Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, product solutions, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 200 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking a Health Content Writer and Editor to join Avalere’s Policy 360 team. The 360 Research Series leverages Avalere’s deep substantive expertise to deliver research and analyses that help healthcare industry stakeholders anticipate, prepare for, and understand the effects of environmental changes. Our clients include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, and health plan companies, provider organizations, and patient groups. Policy 360 is part of Avalere’s 360 Research Series, which also includes State Reform 360.
The primary responsibility of the Health Content Writer and Editor is to write and edit content for our Policy 360 product, with a particular focus on developments relating to real-world evidence, innovative contracting and financing strategies, alternative payment models, and FDA policy, among other areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, write, and edit content for Policy 360, primarily focusing on short, insightful, fast-turnaround summaries that are published and sent to nearly 2,000 readers at the end of each business day
- Produce long-form summaries of major legislation, regulations, and events, as needed
- Oversee and convene an internal editorial board that will formulate the long-term agenda for Policy 360 and evaluate new research initiatives
- Track and monitor developments affecting value-based care and product reimbursement
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across Avalere to translate information about new developments and emerging trends into actionable insights for our customers
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in a research and deliverable-focused capacity
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing articles, blogs, papers, and the like
- Excellent customer service in the form of high-quality work product and project management
- Strong written and verbal skills to include document preparation and proofreading
- Excellent collaborator able to adapt quickly and learn the team needs
- High level of initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
Additional Skills and Competencies
- Background in healthcare journalism preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Sound analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to locate and procure information from disparate sources
- Ability to work across multiple groups
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
Candidates may be required to complete an interview exercise or assessment as part of the final-round interview process for this role.