Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, product solutions, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 200 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers.
The 360 Research Series leverages Avalere’s deep substantive expertise to deliver research and analyses that help healthcare industry stakeholders anticipate, prepare for, and understand the effects of environmental changes. Our clients include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, health plan companies, provider organizations, and patient groups. Policy 360 is part of Avalere’s 360 Research Series, which also includes State Reform 360.
The primary responsibility of the Health Policy Content Writer is to track policy developments and trends relevant to client interests and create content for our Policy 360 product. Content spans a broad range of healthcare issues, including federal legislative activity, Medicare coverage and payment policies, the shift to value-based care, and reimbursement and financing of new medicines. Interested candidates should have demonstrated interest in healthcare policy, be able to meet quick turnaround deadlines, and have a broad interest in policy content at the federal level. While not required, a background in federal legislative and regulatory processes and Medicare payment systems is strongly preferred.
- Research, write, and edit content for Policy 360, primarily focusing on short, insightful, fast-turnaround summaries that are published and sent to nearly 2,000 readers at the end of each business day
- Produce long-form summaries of major legislation, regulations, and events, as needed
- Track and monitor developments affecting healthcare policy, value-based care, and product reimbursement
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts across Avalere to translate information about new developments and emerging trends into actionable insights for our customers
- Support the distribution of Policy 360 content to members and maintain an online archive of materials
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare policy at the federal level
- High-quality work product and project management skills
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Background in healthcare policy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Sound analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to locate and procure information from disparate sources
- Ability to work across multiple groups
- 1–3 years of experience in a healthcare policy role, focused on research or other content development
- Experience writing articles, white papers, or other policy communications
- Experience working collaboratively with teams