Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking an Intern to support its Policy practice. The practice focuses on a range of issues including: drug pricing; Medicare Advantage and Part D policy and payment; and Medicare and Medicaid entitlement reform. The Intern will work part-time in Avalere’s Washington, DC office for approximately 16-24 hours per week. The internship is a paid position.
- Provide research and analytic support to practice, particularly on issues related to value and pharmacy
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate student in public policy, public health, business, or law. Undergraduates who have completed their junior year will also be considered if they have taken health policy coursework or have completed a prior internship in a legislative or healthcare-related field.
- A strong work ethic, initiative, desire to learn, and intellectual curiosity about the healthcare system
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and explain complex issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong computer aptitude, with experience using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint