The team focuses on a wide range of areas, such as coverage, coding, and payment across commercial and public payers; pricing and contracting; distributors and specialty pharmacies; field team design and deployment; and patient support services. We assess how our clients’ products fit within the emerging coverage and reimbursement landscape and help our clients optimize market access for their products though deep subject-matter expertise and understanding of their business issues.
We design strategic and tactical plans to maximize adoption and uptake by payers, providers, and patients throughout the product lifecycle by integrating policy and healthcare market dynamics into the business planning cycle. We work on a team basis with complementary scientific, technical, and regulatory expertise in the pre-approval and post-market spaces.
Ideally, this role would be located in Washington, DC, or the San Francisco Bay area, but remote work will be considered.
- Developing and securing business within the life science space
- Managing a portfolio of clients to ensure that all of Avalere’s knowledge and expertise are available to meet client needs
- Conceptualizing the scope of projects for clients, assembling a cross-functional team, and overseeing the team from project initiation through to client delivery
- Serving as a subject-matter expert on reimbursement and market-access-related issues impacting the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries
- Creating both strategic and tactical recommendations for clients to ensure optimal market access for client products
- Solving complex client issues in a timely and appropriate manner with minimal management oversight and attention to resources
- Proactively seeking and obtaining speaking engagements with clients, policy makers, and thought leaders in order to generate public recognition for Avalere and result in new business and revenue generation
- Mentoring, supervising, and training staff members within the Reimbursement Practice and across the firm
- Complying with all security policies and procedures
- Maintaining compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures, and mission statement
- Adhering to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s operating policies and procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position
- Fulfilling those responsibilities and duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the company
- Upholding responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within the job function
We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Advanced degree in health policy, public policy, healthcare management, public health, public administration, health economics, business administration, law or a relevant discipline with 8 years of relevant experience or an undergraduate degree in the same or similar areas with at least 11 years of relevant experience; examples of relevant work experience include consulting firms, diagnostics and pharmaceutical manufacturers, clinical laboratories with specialty in molecular diagnostics, and the healthcare industry at large
- Ability to establish personal credibility as a strategic and reimbursement expert with clients
- Significant and sustained project management experience that includes interacting with and presenting to senior-level executives or health policy leaders
- Proven situational leadership skills and the ability to motivate and generate enthusiasm with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Solid communication skills including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives within and outside of the firm
- Experience analyzing policy proposals, legislation, or federal regulation and conveying findings to clients and the public
- Ability to analyze and understand health policy trends from the perspective of multiple stakeholders and translate related business implications
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytic skills with the ability to apply knowledge outside of one’s immediate functional area
- 8 years of relevant experience with an advanced degree or 11 years relevant experience with an undergraduate degree
- 3–5 years of consulting experience
- 3–5 years reimbursement-specific policy experience
- 2 years of project team leadership experience
- 5 years of management/supervisory experience with excellent leadership/mentoring skills in developing staff