Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers.
- Identifies and develops solutions to key strategic problems using high-level modeling, advanced statistical analysis techniques, and machine learning.
- Utilizes SQL, SAS, Python, and other statistical software to perform advanced-level data extraction, transformation, management, and statistical/predictive modeling; fully documents and manages library of source code and algorithms for future use.
- Develops and tests hypotheses in support of research and product offerings, and communicate findings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to our clients. Authors study reports and scientific publications, abstracts, and posters.
- Contributes technical SME to projects, specifically project scope, design, and methods. Interfaces with clients to design research studies, protocols, predictive and advanced analytics, observational research, reports and, publication.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Master's in healthcare economics, pharmacy administration, statistics, informatics, or a related field of study
- Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- All candidates to comply with all security policies/procedures
- At least 2 years of experience in the job offered or in a data scientist, researcher, scientist, health economist, or related role
- All applicants must have at least 1 year of experience with:
- healthcare or pharmaceutical industries
- researching and resolving data issues with large, complex, and incomplete sources
- database management tools (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, or MapReduce)