Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking a Senior Associate to join the growing Account Relationship Management function within our Client Solutions practice. The team helps our customers create and use evidence to drive business, clinical, regulatory, and reimbursement decisions. This position will support account management, business development, and administrative tasks related to the ongoing operation and growth of a client account. The Senior Associate will regularly work with the senior leadership team within the account, their assistants, and corresponding Avalere leadership and administrative staff. He or she must be highly successful at building and maintaining these relationships. The ideal team member will have superior organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability work effectively across multiple projects in a fast-paced and highly collaborative setting. This person will develop fluency in healthcare policy and business strategy and comfortable working across many subject-matter areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a member of the business development and account management team.
- Coordinates the generation of new leads and supports execution of business development goals.
- Schedules business development and administrative team calls and meetings (both internal and external).
- Administers the team Salesforce.com/Deltek/LinkedIn accounts.
- Updates information and communications in CRM database (Salesforce.com/Deltek/LinkedIn).
- Coordinates with Avalere’s account team as needed.
- Monitors and documents new account developments, staff, and organizational changes.
- Provides document preparation and distribution support (i.e., proofread, identify, and correct documents).
- Anticipates and plans for requirements of tasks, executes tasks in a timely manner, and knows when to ask for help.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- BS/BA degree (or equivalent) and 2–4 years of professional experience working within the healthcare or consulting industry.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare issues and the life sciences industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly professional presence, able to interact with board-level and C-level executives.
- Ability to prepare and proof documents for an executive-level audience.
Additional Skills and Competencies
- Ethical, confident, creative, with a “can do” attitude.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients to achieve solutions oriented goals.
- Open to feedback and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and can prioritize work streams effectively under deadline, with timely execution and resolution of action items.
- Familiar with maintaining sales plans.
- Experience managing multiple initiatives/work streams simultaneously is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
How to Apply
Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
Candidates should be prepared for an interview exercise that aligns with the requirements of the position as a part of the in-person interview process.