Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for
leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep
substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and
meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking a Senior Associate to join our Market Access & Reimbursement Practice. The team focuses on a wide range of areas, such as coverage, coding, and payment across commercial and public payers; pricing and contracting;
distributors and specialty pharmacies; field team design and deployment; and patient support services. We assess how our clients’ products fit within the emerging coverage and reimbursement landscape and help our clients optimize market access for
their products though deep subject matter expertise and understanding of their business issues.
We design strategic and tactical plans to maximize adoption and uptake by payers, providers, and patients throughout the product lifecycle by integrating policy and healthcare market dynamics into the business planning cycle. We work on a team basis
with complementary scientific, technical, and regulatory expertise in the pre-approval and post-market spaces.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research on a diverse array of healthcare issues (e.g., key informant interviews, white and grey literature searches).
- Analyzing health policy documents (e.g., Medicare and Medicaid statutory provisions, Medicare payment regulations) to determine direct business implications to clients.
- Working independently and in cross-functional teams to contribute to the development and delivery of projects to clients.
- Drafting written summaries, white papers, and PowerPoint presentations to provide strategic recommendations to clients.
- Using content expertise, solid proofreading, and layout skills to build client deliverables.
- Acting with limited oversight to apply knowledge of research tools and analytical approaches to develop content.
- Assisting in stewarding of project-based accounts.
- Drafting scopes of work and using subject matter expertise to collaborate and bridge work across practices.
- Regularly acting as project manager and responsible for high levels of project management.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Bachelor or master’s degree in public policy, public health, public administration, business, statistics, economics, mathematics, or a relevant discipline with 2-4 years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Examples of relevant experience include consulting firms, diagnostics and/or pharmaceutical manufacturers, clinical laboratories with specialty in molecular diagnostics, and the healthcare industry at large.
- Prior experience with project task-management.
- Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
Additional Skills and Competencies
- Solid writing skills as a foundation for professional business communication.
- Sound analytic, problem solving, and quantitative skills.
- Good working knowledge of healthcare and related issues.
- Advanced research and project management skills.
- Experience organizing and supervising the work of others in the conducting of research or policy analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated presentation and public speaking skills.
- Proven team player; strong relationship building skills both internally and externally.
- Customer service oriented and solution-focused attitude.
- High degree of professional maturity and sound decision making ability.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- High level of initiative coupled with quick learning ability.
- Demonstrated understanding of the consulting environment.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
Candidates may be required to complete an interview exercise or assessment as part of the final-round interview process for this role.