The practice focuses on a range of issues, including federal and state action related to the Affordable Care Act’s health insurance exchanges, benefit designs in public and private payers, Medicare Advantage and Part D policy and payment, Medicare reform issues, Medicaid and other state health policies, and federal budget and deficit reduction issues. We rely on deep subject matter expertise and understanding of the business issues facing our customers to assess how this changing policy landscape impacts the pharmaceutical industry, managed care plans, providers, and consumers. We provide analytic support and advisory services, including legislative strategy, regulatory analysis, and quantitative modeling of proposed and enacted policies to a wide range of clients across the healthcare industry. This position would leverage subject matter expertise across the range of health policy issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support project teams to help solve complex client problems and engage clients with novel solutions and ideas, through both short- and long-term projects
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on a diverse array of healthcare issues (e.g., key informant interviews, white and grey literature searches)
- Deepen subject matter expertise on policy-related issues impacting the pharmaceutical/biotech and health insurance industries, with both a state and federal policy/regulatory focus.
- Work independently and in cross-functional teams to contribute to the development and delivery of projects to clients
- Draft written summaries, white papers, and PowerPoint presentations to provide strategic recommendations to clients
- Translate and communicate the implications of policy changes on clients’ businesses and strategic priorities
- Use content expertise, solid proofreading, and layout skills to build client deliverables
- Solve complex client questions in a timely and appropriate manner with attention to detail and minimal management oversight
- Present deliverables in client calls/meetings and determine follow-up action items
- Assist project manager in stewarding of project-based accounts
- Draft scopes of work and use subject matter expertise to collaborate and bridge work across practices
- Comply with Inovalon’s policies, procedures, and mission statement
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s operating policies and procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position
- Fulfill those responsibilities and duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the company
- Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function
We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- A degree in health policy, public policy, healthcare management, public health, public administration, economics, business administration, law, or a relevant discipline
- Advanced communication skills (written and oral) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to stakeholders within and outside of the firm
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong understanding of government payers including Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B, Medicare Advantage, and Medicaid
Additional Skills and Competencies
- Experience analyzing policy proposals, legislation, and regulation and conveying findings to clients or other stakeholders
- Understanding of the policy issues impacting the healthcare sector and how federal and state policy affects the industry
- Ability to understand and convey data results, including synthesizing analytical results for a non-analytics focused audience
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytic skills with the ability to apply knowledge outside of one’s immediate functional area
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience rapidly and effectively digesting new regulations and legislative developments while educating others