Avalere Health is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span 200 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere Health is seeking a Senior Consultant to join its growing Center for Healthcare Transformation. This team of experts works to enable next-generation healthcare delivery through quality improvement, care delivery innovation and implementation science methods. We work with virtually every sector of the healthcare industry (life sciences, professional societies, patient advocacy, health plans, providers, digital health companies) to help them prepare for—and succeed in—the evolving healthcare marketplace. This position will focus specifically on issues related to new models of care that use clinical and real-world data to drive innovation that improves outcomes. The role will lead complex projects and initiatives that are multiyear, multistakeholder implementation efforts with the goal of changing how care is delivered. Although technical and substantive, this role will be client facing and include opportunities for client engagement and business development focused on next-generation healthcare delivery through quality, innovation, and payment reform.
- Serves as a principal subject-matter expert (SME) within the team and across the firm with expertise relevant to designing, implementing and evaluating new care models into practice, expertise may include value policy and shared decision making, care delivery innovation and digital health, strategic clinical quality solutions; recognized as an internal and external subject matter expert
- Translates emerging and current evidence on interventions resulting in improved healthcare delivery into practice by developing research, strategic plans, stakeholder engagement activities, educational materials and other tools to support improvement efforts
- Contributes to engagements with complex SME and analysis, interacting with clients as authoritative SME
- Provides senior guidance to project teams on a broad range of client projects involving diverse, cross-functional, cross-practice teams
- Interfaces independently with clients to design research studies, protocols, predictive and advanced analytics, observational research, reports, and publications
- Takes scientific responsibility for project completion; responsible for strategic consultation and for the use of best methods to address research needs
- Responsible for all final deliverables for projects on which s/he is senior expert in terms of accuracy and quality and financial project performance
- Communicates research findings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to our clients and in various forums such as conferences. Lead or contributing author of study reports and scientific publications, abstracts, and posters
- Collaborates to develop business through writing scopes and defining project design and methods with new clients and growing business with existing clients
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in working with partners in the health care system to improve care delivery to patients, with at least 4 years of demonstrated experience in consulting, translational science, or research by designing, implementing, and managing major large-scale health-related projects, developing, evaluating and testing significant innovations in the organization, delivery, and financing of health care; private-sector consulting experience preferred
- A degree in health policy, health services research, healthcare management, public health, health economics, business administration or a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical reasoning and decision-making skills
- Develops and tests hypotheses in support of project goals using contemporary and established research design and analytical techniques
- Thorough knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods for dealing with methodological and analytic problems in both retrospective and prospective data collection
- Expert understanding and experience in researching and resolving data issues with a logical, instinctive, and problem-solving mentality working with large, complex and incomplete data sources
- Experience mentoring junior staff in research methods, study execution, etc.
- Exhibits excellent project oversight and management skills, with an ability to work independently on multiple projects with competing priorities and a strong commitment to tracking budgets, adhering to timelines and client engagement
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to concisely explain complicated concepts to executives within and outside of the firm
- Exemplary interpersonal skills that translate into positive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and clients
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
Candidates may be required to complete an interview exercise or assessment as part of the final-round interview process for this role.