The 360 Research Series leverages Avalere’s deep substantive expertise to deliver research and analyses that help healthcare industry stakeholders anticipate, prepare for, and understand the effects of environmental changes. Our clients include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies, health plans, provider organizations, and patient groups. Policy 360 is part of Avalere’s 360 Research Series, which also includes State Reform 360.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Health Policy Content Writer and Editor is to write and edit content for our Policy 360 product related to federal policy developments and trends relevant to client interests. Content spans a broad range of healthcare issues, including federal legislative activity, Medicare and Medicaid coverage and payment policies, FDA regulation and guidance, and reimbursement/financing of new medicines. Interested candidates should have a broad understanding of a variety of healthcare policy topics at the federal level, demonstrate strong writing skills, and be able to meet quick turnaround deadlines. Background in federal legislative and regulatory processes or Medicare payment systems is strongly preferred.
- Research, write, and edit content for Policy 360, primarily focusing on short, insightful, fast-turnaround summaries that are published and sent to nearly 2,000 readers at the end of each business day
- Produce long-form summaries of major legislation, regulations, and events, as needed
- Track and monitor developments affecting healthcare policy, value-based care, and product reimbursement
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across Avalere to translate information about new developments and emerging trends into actionable insights for our customers
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Excellent writing skills, and experience writing articles, white papers, or other policy communications
Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated interest in a broad range of healthcare policy topics at the federal level
- High-quality work product and project management skills
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with federal legislative and regulatory processes and Medicare payment systems
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Sound analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to locate and procure information from disparate sources
- Ability to work across multiple groups
- 5 years of experience in a healthcare policy role focused on research or content development
- Experience working collaboratively with teams
- Experience overseeing and supervising work of staff members.
How to Apply
Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
Candidates may be required to complete an interview exercise or assessment as part of the final-round interview process for this role.