SummaryAvalere recently partnered with the Alliance for Home Health Quality and Innovation (AHHQI) to explore the topic of the future of home health care.
We’re excited to share that their research, The Future of Home Health Care: A Strategic Framework for Optimizing Value, was published in the Home Health Care Management and Practice journal. Earlier this year, Avalere and AHHQI also co-hosted a live Twitter chat to discuss home healthcare research that had been conducted and address the key questions tied to home health.
In this research piece, Avalere and AHHQI identified four key characteristics of the Medicare home health agency of the future:
- Patient and person-centered
- Seamlessly connected and coordinated
- High quality
The research also provided the following recommendations to help enable the future of home healthcare:
- Home healthcare needs to be empowered as a full partner that shares in the risk and has the freedom to deploy the best care to the patient populations who will benefit
- CMS should address financing and regulatory challenges in the context of APMs as means of enabling appropriate use of Medicare home health
- Program integrity and fraud should be addressed in a targeted fashion
produces measurable results. Let's work together.