SummaryOn Tuesday, June 13, Christie Teigland, PhD, will participate in a panel discussion entitled “Measuring and Reporting Social Risk Factors” as part of a dissemination meeting on the report series “Accounting for Social Risk Factors in Medicare Payment,” sponsored by the National Academies of Medicine.
She will be joined by:
- Lisa Iezzoni, MD, MSc, Harvard Medical School, Mongan Institute Health Policy Center, Massachusetts General Hospital
- David Nerenz, PhD, Henry Ford Health System
- Beth Feldpush, DrPH, America’s Essential Hospitals
Their panel will focus on addressing the following questions:
- How do we best measure and report on health equity?
- Is equity best captured in a single measure, a collection of measures, a series of stratified outcome reports?
- What information is most useful to consumers, policymakers, and providers?
Some of the other panels at the day-long event will cover topics related to measuring and reporting health equity, supporting better outcomes for beneficiaries with social risk factors, and approaches for incorporating social risk measures into Medicare value-based payment policy.
You can watch Christie’s panel and the other discussions.