Avalere is a strategic advisory company whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, DC, the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere’s experts span approximately 200 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere’s focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers.
Reporting to the senior director of Marketing, the candidate will be responsible for successfully executing against the firm’s strategic content marketing plan across all sectors of our customer base including health plans, providers, and life sciences companies. This candidate will possess a strong understanding of relevant and timely healthcare content to align with our business sales goals. The ideal team member will have the ability to consider the firm’s broader business goals, leverage multiple marketing and communications channels to generate customer interest, meticulously manage logistics, and use resources and metrics to make strategic recommendations. This candidate will also adhere to the firm’s brand standards and ensure consistent application and protection of our brand reputation, as it is a critical aspect of the position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Media Agency: Manage the statement of work retainer with our media agency to generate media interest and interviews, monitor media mentions and content trends; make recommendations to the firm’s subject-matter experts; manage internal press release creation and review process; manage media trainings with agency and firm’s subject-matter experts.
- Manage Firm’s Social Media: Post daily to Twitter and LinkedIn; implement strategy provided by social media agency; monitor influencers, competitors, and clients’ handles; increase followers year over year; coordinate with parent company social media administrator
- Manage Content Strategy and Execution: Work with senior leadership and media agency to create a content strategy; manage the creation, review, and editorial process with the firm’s subject-matter experts; coordinate content with media and SEO agencies to focus on relevant topics that align with business goals and improve client education throughout the purchasing process; identify internal and external dependencies and drive strategic content and approach discussions; track quantities aligned to content categories and performance metrics to make future recommendations; hold stakeholders accountable for deadlines, including communicating with external clients; serve as back-up to load content into WordPress for Avalere.com.
- Hire Freelance Writers and Facilitate Content Creation: Identify and hire freelance healthcare writers specializing in various content areas; guide and facilitate content creation with the freelance writers, our firm’s subject-matter experts, and our SEO agency.
- Identify and Create Content: Monitor industry for trends and ideas that can be turned into compelling, high-quality, thought-leadership content; gain insights into our customers’ purchasing decisions and understand the competitive landscape; recommend strategic themes and communications.
- Track Results: Accurately report on marketing campaign effectiveness; interpret channel-specific metrics and communicate them to various stakeholders; optimize messages and channels to perform at or above industry- and firm-standard metrics.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job-Related Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Superb attention to detail, uphold and reinforce Editorial Guidelines
- Solid project management skills with the ability to handle several projects and deadlines simultaneously
- WordPress and Meltwater skills a plus
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills; metric driven
- Constant professionalism, business maturity, and verbal and presentation skills to work with senior executives; demonstrate confidence in subject-matter expertise; command an authoritative presence
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with both colleagues and agencies
- Positive, high-energy personality with ability to change direction to adapt to a dynamic and complex industry
- Minimum of 5–8 years of proven successful marketing experience; prior experience in B2B content marketing in a complex, highly regulated industry
- Healthcare industry experience required
- Proven experience managing content marketing strategies targeting senior-level and executive business decision makers across all B2B channels
- Experience managing external agencies and freelancer writers