SummaryAvalere experts discussed the latest policy, reimbursement, and program changes affecting post-acute care and why they matter.
Post-acute care providers continue to see rapid change as the adoption of various regulatory and reimbursement changes have taken hold in recent months. With the implementation of the Patient-Driven Payment Model and the Patient-Driven Groupings Model well underway, providers are turning their attention towards changes in Medicaid financing and the role of Healthy Adult Opportunity (HAO) demonstrations, the continuous growth of Medicare Advantage, the evolution of value-based arrangements, and the increased focus on quality and safety. These industry trends and developments represent both challenges and opportunities for post-acute care. Operators today have the unique opportunity to position their organizations for long-term success. Avalere experts explored important topics that post-acute care providers should focus on, questions to address internally, strategies to engage, and key trends on the horizon.
- Post-acute care reimbursement changes and trends
- Rise of Medicare Advantage and the impact on post-acute care, including the Institutional Special Needs Plans model
- Changes in state Medicaid programs including long-term care funding and use of HAO
- Changes to quality and oversight regulations
- Options for post-acute care to engage in value-based care
produces measurable results. Let's work together.